Monday, September 5, 2022

September 2, 2007

Had that dream again where the parents and I are staying in my hometown of Sackville, NB, and I suggest it's time to return to Toronto; telling them that I've reached a dead end with my Ph.D. thesis and I'll have to give it up.


Went to a Snail Pace Walking Meetup that was supposed to start near the Old Mill in Etobicoke.  But William (whom I know from the Out of the Mainstream Singles Meetup) and I couldn't find the organizer.  We walked north along the Humber River anyway.


Reread the paperback reprint Mad in Orbit (which I read as a kid). Mad magazine in its early years was full of smart satire, which gets even better with age.


Bought some Jungle Jim reprints and Comics Revue issues on Ebay. (It's been a while since I bought much.)


I also read some of another reprint The Mad Sampler.

No comments:

Post a Comment