Saturday, October 13, 2018

October 8, 2003

Dreamed of having a job but wanting to explore beyond the door in my workplace that led down to the sewers; finding some records with famous Japanese stories such as one by a 12th-century author called Tatehwaki (a Japanese name I've seen before) titled "The Emperor's Beard." (I was wondering if I'd end up wearing a beard in my opera Lucia di Lamermoor.) [I didn't.]

Father and John took our old stove to Habitat for Humanity.

At Mission:  Possible I was assembling binders into health care kits.  I developed a system, and assembled over twenty!

Dinner was turkey pie. (Our leftover turkey is finally finished.)

Started shovelling the compost onto the garden.  We got a huge amount this year.

At the creative writing class we read our stories aloud.  For next week I'll be writing a story about the Cultural Revolution.

Finished reading a Harper's article about how the Republicans are militarizing American society.  I think he's too dismissive of the growing opposition to this.

"Old Lady Lloyd" in Chronicles of Avonlea is a wonderful story. [It became an episode in The Road to Avonlea.]

No comments:

Post a Comment