Monday, October 29, 2018

October 24, 2003

Dreamed of being a Mongol invader and throwing a torch down a well, causing the gases at the bottom to explode (I read of a well with explosive gases in Little House on the Prairie); a McCarthyite report mentioning a door 16 units wide being challenged by Mickey Rooney (16 inches too narrow, 16 feet too wide).

Last night I downloaded ShockWave software so today I was abole to do a jigsaw puzzle on our computer.  I'll have to be careful not to get addicted to them! (I didn't.)

Went to the Spadina Road library and researched my latest story a bit.  I borrowed a book of Cree legends, and found out that the Cree word for bear is "maskwa."

Dinner was sausage and mash.

Started writing a summary of The Copyeditor's Handbook.

Saw Fassbinder's Mother Kusters Goes to Heaven, an odd, uneven satire about a woman whose husband's murder-suicide is all over the news. (It was in questionable taste.) When the communists got involved it got too silly.

I've started reading Great Civil War Stories while waiting for the computer to boot.  Their version of Reconstruction is jaw-droppingly one-sided.

No comments:

Post a Comment