Sunday, October 21, 2018

October 15, 2003

"The more I saw of men, the more I liked cats"--"The Quarantine at Alexander Abraham's

Dreamed of walking down to a supermarket late at night and coming across a group of people who only spoke French; Nicole Kidman at a press conference talking about clothes that make her look fat(!); telling of an actual letter to The New York Times in response to an article on translating ancient Greek, saying, "When people ask me why I'm learning Hebrew, I say, 'When you read "God became very angry," I read "Flames came out of God's nose."'" [Hey, a triple-iterated quotation!]

At Mission:  Possible I was creating hospital kits.  It was simpler work than the binders.  I started out slow, but got faster.

Dinner was lasagna.

There were only five students at Creative Writing, presumably because of confusion about whether this week's class had been cancelled. (Last week, the teacher said early in the class that it would be, but he changed his mind by the end.) For next week I'm writing my story about some old men who come together to play cards.

"The Quarantine at Alexander Abraham's" in Chronicles of Avonlea is a really funny story. [The pic above is another still from The Road to Avonlea, which dramatized it.]

No comments:

Post a Comment