Friday, October 26, 2018

October 20, 2003

At Mission:  Possible I followed the mail courier on his route.  I'm going to try it tomorrow.

Today I finally figured out what the "Fur la nozze a lei funeste" chorus in Lucia di Lamermoor reminds me of:  the song "We Are Marching to Pretoria"!

Dinner was the rest of the stew.

Helped Father send another email.  We're almost ready to sell our used books over the internet!

So far I've read almost fifty pages of Tom Brown's School Days, and we're still nowhere near Rugby!  But it's a fascinating portrait of England in the early 19th century.  It was written in 1856 or so, and has a sense of nostalgia for England around 1830. (That's how quickly Britain was changing then.) It's very English in its promotion of good, clean sportsmanship.

No comments:

Post a Comment