Tuesday, October 23, 2018

October 16, 2003

"He knows a lot about cattle." "Other people's cattle!"--The Naked Spur

Dreamed of being at a huge restaurant in one of dozens of wedding parties, and being expected to make the first speech to start the wedding process; being one of two kid brothers who jumped from the 15th floor of a building; taking a London bus out to Chiswick. (My parents lived in Chiswick for two years in the 1950s, and when I was in London I took the Chiswick bus once.)

Father sent his first email this morning. (I showed him how.)

I had a busy schedule for today, so Moira said she'd do the shopping instead of me.

At Mission:  Possible I had an information interview with Catherine Mitchell (who looks like an older Cate Blanchett) of Tundra Books.  It went quite well. (The other interview got cancelled.) When she said that one of the qualities they were looking for from an employee was the ability to listen, I couldn't resist saying, "What did you say?" (Fortunately, she had a sense of humour.) She even gave me an illustrated edition of Anne of Green Gables!

Dinner was lasagna.

Read three stories in Chronicles of Avonlea.

Went to the Cinematheque and saw Anthony Mann's western The Naked Spur (for the second time). Jonathan Rosenbaum gave a lecture on it afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment