Monday, October 29, 2018

October 23, 2003

Dreamed of seeing an earlier version of the neo-noir Miller's Crossing, from the era of the original noirs and starring Alan Ladd, ending in the middle of the story (for copyright reasons) with the hero about to shoot someone; walking on a Mediterranean beach where there'd been a big invasion in World War II, and noticing little rocks that looked like shrunken heads; walking along a street in Sackville past a huge felled tree (I must have been thinking of the downed trees in Halifax), talking about why I never watch the sitcom Friends.

Today was the last day of this stage at Mission:  Possible. Next I'll work with Dana Carty on looking for job opportunities.  I was a good ten minutes late, because out of habit I took the subway to the St. Patrick's station instead of Bloor-Yonge.  I did another computer jigsaw puzzle, which I enjoy.  We did a role-playing skit where I pretended to apply for a job as a rodeo rider in a circus.  That was also fun.  I seem to have done very well over the last month.

Dinner was Moira's curried chicken.

Saw Fassbinder's gay melodrama In a Year of 13 Moons.  It was a long, strange, talky, and rather masterful mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment