Saturday, October 13, 2018

October 7, 2003

Dreamed of explaining to John the concept behind Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (which I'll be seeing at the Cinematheque next week) and mentioning it was similar to a Tom Swift book; being about to return to Sackville from Amherst; shopping for computer screens and finding one of a really high quality.

At Mission:  Possible I did some more filings.  A new supervisor called Nicole is learning the ropes.  I got a paper cut on the tip of my little finger, which made it harder to put in my contacts.

Dinner was roast beef.

Printed out 19 copies of my house story for the creative writing class.

At the opera chorus they divided the men from the women and sent us downstairs to learn separately from them, which was kind of embarrassing because they learned a lot more than we did. [That's partly because there are more of them, so they get critical mass quicker!] There were one or two high notes I couldn't reach, and I may have to keep skipping them.

Giuseppe Macina, the director, was really impressed that I was singing from memory. (He asked if I was Italian!) I've seen Lucia di Lamermoor live, but I've had to sing the music to really appreciate how great it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment