Friday, June 28, 2024

June 18, 2009

When I woke up in the morning I started figuring how to come up with twelve whole numbers coming close to the pitch ratio for the dozen notes within an octave, with 6% semitone increments.  I ultimately came up with {84, 89, 94, 100, 106, 112, 119, 126, 134, 142, 150, 159, 168}.


Practiced singing in the afternoon despite having choir rehearsal in the evening. (I don't usually sing that much in a single day, but I missed the last two days.)


Dinner was roast chicken.


Went to the dress rehearsal for tomorrow's concert. I told Giuseppe a joke I'd heard the night before: "His wife made moonshine, but he loved her still." Unfortunately, since English isn't his first language the joke needed explaining.


[As I was writing that last paragraph my blue pen ran out, so I switched to a red pen.]

No comments:

Post a Comment