Monday, March 29, 2021

March 22, 2006

"Robin would not let me plant any trees, I suppose because he did not trust me with the tap-roots; however, I was allowed to help scoop moist earth round the seedlings, and press it in with my fingers, which had all the delight of making mud pies with the added pleasure of utility; for children are bored with pointless things and, when they play, attempt by pretence to add the dimension of reality to their actions.  Now there was no need to pretend, the mud pies had a purpose and so the making of them was delightful, at least until I grew tired"--Elspeth Huxley, The Flame Trees of Thika


At work they gave me some stuff to shred.  I'm almost through 2001 in the indexing.


Went to Dragon Lady and picked up another Ebay comic strip package.


Dinner was spaghetti.


The chorus did the dress rehearsal for our folk song concert. (This time I was early again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment