Friday, March 19, 2021

March 12, 2006

Dreamed of wondering what exactly I knew because I wanted to write about what I knew; considering that Giuseppe di Lampedusa, who wrote The Leopard, and Luchino Visconti, who directed the movie version, both knew what it was like being in a fading aristocratic family in an increasingly bourgeois, artlessly modern world; thinking about this while walking along St. Clair Avenue near Winona Drive on a rainy evening.


Joined a Linkup group to see the documentary Escape to Canada at the Bloor.  It was so warm that I walked there!  It's a pretty good "agenda" piece about how Canada is becoming freer than the USA. (Before the movie I made my first cellphone call ever, borrowing Laura's machine to call home and confirm that they knew I wouldn't be home for dinner.)


Afterward I ate at Burger King.

No comments:

Post a Comment