Thursday, February 11, 2021

February 6, 2006

"Sometimes people admitted that they were originally from somewhere else, or that their parents were.  Sometimes they didn't....  It was just easier to say you were from Dublin....  At least you were better than somebody who could be taken for a fool just arrived from  the bog somewhere.  It was very important to be better than somebody else"--John Doyle, A Great Feast of Light


Brought my CD of the O Brother, Where Art Thou? soundtrack to work. (The soundtrack puts the movie to shame!) It was nice to listen to it while sorting a big pile of files.  Too bad that those files turned out to be external applications that weren't to go into the folders.  Oh well, I get paid anyway.


Went to see Dr. Hassan.  I knew he'd be pleased about my new job.


Dinner was sausages and mash.


The Hawkins Institute and I reached a compromise, by which I'll update them every couple of weeks by email, and won't have to deal with Marnie any more.


A lot of people missed choir practice because of the snowy weather.  We did a new song called "Din Don."

No comments:

Post a Comment