Tuesday, March 26, 2019

March 2, 2004

"Because if they all think Dust is bad, it must be good"--The Golden Compass


Dreamed of Moira being about to marry a man she didn't love; feeling alone in the world [I emphasized this bit]; searching a map of Washington state near Seattle to find a place in a valley between parallel mountain ranges.

We finally transferred our Fullwrite files onto the new computer, so now I can resume typing out my diary.

Dinner was spaghetti.

Saw Yasujiro Ozu's silent A Mother Should Be Loved, about a widowed mother who favours one of her sons more than the other.  Of course, it's the favoured son who becomes rebellious.

Finished The Golden Compass.  Marvellous.

Went to the Fossil and Haggis karaoke for the first time in months.  I sang no new songs, but just "Hold Me Now," "Can't Help Falling in Love," and "My Way." Someone borrowed my hat [it was a Tilley Endurables fedora] to sing "Just a Gigolo."

No comments:

Post a Comment