Friday, March 1, 2019

February 14, 2004

Dreamed of a Harry Potter story where they met a talking ape grateful for their environmental efforts, then Hermione returning from Halifax, N.S., to Sackville, N.B.; losing my place in the story; the movie Tom Jones, recalling the last lines which quoted John Dryden's "Imitation of Horace" (and reflecting that the movie was full of life):

Happy the man, and happy he alone,
He who can call today his own;
He who, secure within, can say,
Tomorrow, do thy worst, for I have lived today.


We ate out at Swiss Chalet.

Another Don Giovanni performance.  I'm still having trouble learning to put on makeup.  When half of my face has foundation, to me it doesn't look much different from the other half. [I've since learned to go by feel!] My favourite part is dancing the minuet.  They gave me a free ticket and I'll probably give it to Stephanie Moeser at the Geneva Institute.

No comments:

Post a Comment