Thursday, March 21, 2019

February 29, 2004

Dreamed of the '60s pop group the Monkees; getting a chance to photograph Charlize Theron; going to a clinic for people with superpowers because of my ability to grab flies instantly; meeting some unfriendly superheroes, including movie star Bruce Campbell. (In real life I avoid swatting flies.)

Baked white bread.

Performed Lucia di Lamermoor for the last time. (I almost went there without my contact lenses!) Moira was there, and I spotted her in the audience.  She really liked it, even my costume and hat, which I found rather dorky.  We had one of our biggest crowds.

Afterward we had a cast party at the Bedford Academy.  The finger food included chicken kebabs, and eating them reminded me of Leporello serving Don Giovanni a feast, and scrounging a bite for himself.

I love this kind of weather, where there's still a bit of snow but it's melting, and ice cracks under your foot.

They say that next year the opera group will be putting on Madama Butterfly and The Barber of Seville.  That doesn't really interest me. [I skipped it the following year.]

No comments:

Post a Comment