Sunday, December 9, 2018

November 29, 2003

Dreamed of approaching a dance hall on Sunday morning but losing interest; that Ricky Martin song "Shake Your Bon-Bon"; shovelling the snow off the front steps of a brownstone apartment like in New York City (coincidentally, it snowed overnight); a still from a '70s disaster movie showing a cast that included Vincent Price.

Went to the Cinematheque and saw Franco Zeffirelli's Romeo and Juliet (the '60s version). Enjoyable in a broad sort of way. (I'll bet it was popular with young girls.) The two leads looked about ten. [I liked Michael York's Tybalt, who reminded me of an English public school bully.]

Donald came over, as did John and the girls.  John's new girlfriend Kathrine also came. (I wish I had a girlfriend.)

Larry McMurtry is one funny writer!

No comments:

Post a Comment