Wednesday, December 5, 2018

November 25, 2003

Dreamed of driving a car along a road covered with tall grass and running over a man sleeping in the sun, who was slightly hurt; getting a mouthful from him about how I was a terrible driver (I've never learned to drive); after getting driving lessons from him and just before being picked up by my parents, saying to him, "I may learn to drive, but chances are you'll continue to be a little prick!"

In the morning there was snow on the ground.

My first day at McClelland & Stewart was very interesting. In the morning I compared the pages of On Six Continents with the galley version. (I found a couple of mistakes that the copy editor had missed!) That book's a memoir by Lieutenant-Governor James Bartleman, about his years in the foreign service.  He was all over the place in his time.  

In the afternoon I checked the table of contents and index of an anthology of poems by a poet called MoKay.  then I compared the galley to the manuscrip for a book in the Screech Owls series, juvenile novels about a hockey team who solve mysteries.

Didn't have time to go home for dinner so I ate West Indian fast food in Village by the Grange.

Went to the last opera rehearsal for this term.  In January we start rehearsals on the stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment