Friday, December 14, 2018

December 6, 2003

Jailbird: "My boyfriend cut himself with a knife I was holding"--Flamingo Road

Dreamed of skulking in the basement of a hospital; reflecting on how stupid Rolling Stone magazine is; waking up in the middle of the night and wanting to get to the place where I left my sweater.

Went to Loblaw's and got some strawberries and chocolate for the party.

The parents found a cute little book for my niece Sarah titled Come Back, Amelia Bedelia.

Baked cheese bread.

Saw Michael Curtiz' Flamingo Road at the Cinematheque. [They were screening it as one of the movies that Rainer Werner Fassbinder claimed inspiration from.] It's a pretty campy melodrama with Joan Crawford and Sydney Greenstreet.

Dinner was pork chops. (I was late because the streetcar was delayed.)

Went to the opera chorus' end-term party, where my strawberries disappeared.  Someone did a pretty good voice imitation of our director Giuseppe. [I think it was Kareen's husband.] They showed pictures taken at the fundraiser, but I didn't seem to be in any.

No comments:

Post a Comment