Thursday, July 13, 2023

July 8, 2008

Homer Simpson (writing on an application form, in a space marked "Do not write in this space"): "OK."


Dreamed of considering Steven Spielberg's actual plan to film a live-action Tintin movie; deciding that a good casting choice for Captain Haddock would be Jean Reno; travelling on the Docklands light railway in London. [Spielberg actually cast Andy Serkis as the Captain.]


Saw the DVD of some more Simpsons episodes, from the start of the fourth season.


Dinner was steak.


Went to the Writers Meetup.  We were given an assignment to write a book cover blurb, so I wrote one about an imaginary gothic-romantic Regency mystery titled Mist on the Moor. (Last line: "Before the summer is over, she'll lose her innocence--and maybe her life!") The others really enjoyed it and suggested I write the whole novel!  But how can I write what I don't think I'd want to read?  The event lasted about three hours.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment