Tuesday, July 11, 2023

July 5, 2008

In the morning I carelessly mentioned that I was going to sing at a Meetup today and got a lot of trouble.  I heard a lot about how William Parker's voice is annoying. (Does that mean my voice is annoying too?) At times like this I wish I lived anywhere else!  It's important to me to have a life in the outside world and I resent it when other people in the family make it their business.


The Toronto Islands event from last week was rescheduled for today.  Again I showed up but couldn't find anybody else.


In the late afternoon I went to a joint Classical Music and Opera Meetup at the Trinity United Church, in the Katherine Hocken memorial room. (I came across her biography when I was researching my Ph.D. thesis:  she was a missionary in Sichuan.) I sang Tosti's "Malia" and "Ideale." Enoch sang several songs by Schubert and Richard Strauss.  There was a really stunning soprano who did "Un Bel Di Vedremi" from Madama Butterfly and an aria from The Marriage of Figaro.  There were also a violinist and a jazz pianist.


Afterward I ate at Burger King.

No comments:

Post a Comment