Friday, July 21, 2023

July 15, 2008

Father and I drove to Whittamore's Farm in Markham.  We went in the morning to beat the noonday heat, and we left at 07:30 to beat the morning traffic.  We picked raspberries, peas, green beans and strawberries. (I picked the strawberries by myself, because Father wasn't up to all that kneeling.  Since they're almost finished, I had to shift around a lot to fill the pail.)


Got a package of Ebay comics, including several I'd read in childhood:  three Jerry Lewis issues and a Two-Gun Kid issue that had him in an adventure with the Rawhide Kid and Kid Colt! (They were Marvel Comics' three western stars.)


Dinner was pork chops.


Saw the DVD of Assunta Spina, a silent Italian melodrama filmed in Naples.  They also included The Last Diva, a documentary that showed the movie's star Francesca Bertini watching it again in her old age.

No comments:

Post a Comment