Monday, July 24, 2023

July 19, 2008

'I don't have much time left.  I have no time for God'--death row prisoner                            --L'Etranger
                                                                                               Had a Lunch Club Meetup event at Le Papillon.  Too bad only three people showed up. [One explained at the last minute that she had to watch her budget, and she'd just bought an expensive pair of shoes.] But Patricia the Brunch Club Meetup organizer did come with a friend, and we had a good time by ourselves.  I had a ham and cheese omelet and profiteroles.                                                                                     John and Kathrine came over for dinner, which was vegan Indian food.  Afterward I showed them my London Photographs on the computer, and they agreed I had a talent for photography.                                                                          Saw Luchino Visconti's movie of Camus' existential novel L'Etranger.  It's a curious study in filming an 'unfilmable' book.

No comments:

Post a Comment