Sunday, July 23, 2023

July 18, 2008

Dreamed of a non-existent female character with glasses on The Sopranos.                                                                                               Dr. Ang called, and it turned out that the lab had screwed up on processing my blood sample, so I gave them another.                                                                                   Saw the DVD of 'The Passion of Chen Yi,' another Kung Fu episode I remembered seeing back in the 1970s.                                                                                   Dinner was ham and rice.                                                               Went to another Meetin tarot reading.  I asked Elaine what I should write about, and my cards included the Chariot, the Moon and the Star.  She said I'm destined to be a writer and shouldn't worry about making money or care about criticism, and should pursue whatever ideas come to me. [I was late getting there but that just meant less time waiting my turn.]                                                                                  On the way there I started reading Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid, Bill Bryson's memoir of growing up in 1950s Iowa. [It's one of the books I bought at the World's Biggest Bookstore the other day.] As funny as I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment