Saturday, October 30, 2021

October 22, 2006

"Are you trying to look like a prince?"

"What do you mean, 'trying'?"

--The Deer Hunter


Dreamed of going to high school; thinking how the afternoon was easier but the morning got to me (not an actual memory of mine!); getting into a fight and wrecking some school property; thinking "I knew I didn't want to go to school this morning"; being about to go abroad for a year with the parents; "waking up" in our old house in Sackville, N.B.; a Time-Life coffee-table book about Shakespeare spending five days in Mainz(?).


I was going to participate in the Walking Meetup in High Park, but I misplaced my Metropass and by the time I found it I was sure to be too late to find the rest.  Anyway, I got to practise my singing instead.


Saw Michael Cimino's The Deer Hunter (for the second time) at the Cinematheque.  It's reach exceeds its grasp, but it's a near-great epic.


Dinner was Burger King.


The rest of the family returned from Kingston.

No comments:

Post a Comment