Tuesday, October 19, 2021

October 13, 2006

"Life was to him like strong, white light that hurts the tired eyes of a sick person"--Martin Eden


"Lord, if your world is full of sin, I want to sin.  Let the birds nest in my hair"--Smiles of a Summer Night


"I'm an honest old rattlesnake.  Be warned"--ibid.


"You're a boring, normal person and I'm a great artist"--ibid.


The weather was damp, cool and gloomy so in the afternoon we watched the DVD of Ingmar Bergman's comedy Smiles of a Summer Night.  It's one of the sexiest movies I've ever seen!


Dinner was spaghetti.


The choir rehearsed tonight [Friday] because Monday was a holiday.  We did a new song "La Madre dell' Alpino."


Finished Martin Eden.  A wonderful book, with a convincing portrait of burnout.

No comments:

Post a Comment