Saturday, October 31, 2020

October 19, 2005

"I will kill him for you!"
"Have you finished packing?"...
"It runs in my family.  My father killed a man just before I was born!"--Top Hat

"I will not listen to any excuses--not even the truth!"--ibid.

Dreamed of reading a 1950 hardcover annual edition of a boy's magazine in the style of Boy's Own Paper or Chums (we owned several of those annuals, but the lates was from the 1930s); a reprint inside of the comic strip King of the Royal Mounted (I have some reprints of that strip, but not in those annuals); a map inside of the Maritimes, showing the Northumberland Strait as far too narrow; some women telling me that I was going to be sent to the United States shortly; a woman poking her nose into my forehead.

Saw the DVD of the Fred Astaire-Ginger Rogers musical Top Hat (for the third time). That's the one where she mistakes him for his married producer (Edward Everett Horton in a funny role). My favourite of the Irving Berlin songs is "The Piccolino."

Another taijiquan class.  We've learned several steps by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment