Wednesday, February 19, 2020

February 9, 2005

"Hire yourself a hearse, wise guy!  They'll never fry me and I'm sure coming back to pay you off the night I crash out"--Fingers sends Kerry Drake a message

Dreamed that I'd submitted an essay and Moira had read the teacher's comments before me, and said that the comments weren't so much about me as about the sum-total of knowledge I'd acquired up to that time.

Started reading a reprint of the detective strip Kerry Drake from its beginning in 1943.  Fingers is a great villain! (I liked the moment when he's so hungry that he scarfs animal feed.)

Dropped off some more opera leaflets.

Dinner was turkey pie.

At the drama class we were doing sketches where we whispered so the audience would hear us.  I was in a group performing Nine Ten, which I'd done in the previous term.

Got a batch of weekend comics from The Toronto Star Weekly (which I remember from my childhood) and The Monitor (from Montreal).

No comments:

Post a Comment