Sunday, February 16, 2020

February 5, 2005

Wife and husband: "I'm a rotten bitch, through and through!" "Nevertheless..."--Being Julia

Superman to two criminals: "May I borrow your feet, please?"

Dreamed of staying in a motel; visiting Parliament Hill, and approaching the area that only MPs are allowed to enter.

Started reading some Superman stories in Menomonee Falls Gazette, reprinted from the 1940s comic strip.  Rather predictable.

The parents and I went to see Istvan Szabo's Being Julia at Canada Square.  I enjoyed it somewhat more than I expected.  Annette Bening had the perfect role as a theatre diva who doesn't know when to stop being theatrical.  W. Somerset Maugham, who wrote the book, was middlebrow enough, but he did know how to tell a story.

Afterward we ate at the nearby Mandarin buffet restaurant to celebrate my 43rd birthday.  I was careful and managed to avoid overeating!  My fortune cookie said, "Good fortune and a better position."

No comments:

Post a Comment