Monday, July 1, 2024

June 22, 2009

James Cagney (just before shoving grapefruit in his girlfriend's face): "There you go wishing again.  I wish you was a wishing well, then I could tie ya to a bucket and sink ya!"--William Wellman's The Public Enemy


Dreamed of an ornate clock tower with Disney-like cartoonish mouse statues; the movie The Golden Voyage of Sinbad.


At today's singing lesson Giuseppe said I sounded tired. (Afterward I cooled my heels for half an hour before catching a bus.)


On the way home I bought a Spanish dictionary at the Spanish Centre bookstore. (I could have just gone to Indigo, but I like doing things the hard way!) I'll use it to translate my new Mortadelo & Filemon comic books.


Dinner was spaghetti.


Spent over two hours reading about Spanish grammar.


Saw the DVD of Wild Bill:  Hollywood Maverick, a documentary about movie director William Wellman.  I'll have to see some more of his films.

No comments:

Post a Comment