Tuesday, July 23, 2024

July 14, 2009

"Commander, we await your orders."

"Shut up."

"Yes, sir."

--Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

"They go berserk over losing a little forest or two!"--ibid.


Dreamed of 1970s B.C. premier Dave Barrett; using a tool to chop ice off a glacier; Edmond About's novel King of the Mountains (whose Classics Illustrated comic book I've read).


Saw the DVD of Hayao Miyazaki's anime Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (for the second time, though the first time was a shorter English dub). Complex and moving.


Dinner was the ham quiche Moira was going to make yesterday.


Went to another Games Meetup at the Ryerson student centre, this one with three games of Risk.  I was in the only regular-version game. (The others were playing Risk 2210.) Again I was centred on Northern Europe.  Mark wiped us out in a single turn, and I was the last to be eliminated. (I refused to concede early, wanting the experience of a whole game.)

No comments:

Post a Comment