Monday, February 6, 2023

January 31, 2008

Dreamed of going to the movies and getting a free kit from which you could cut out cardboard prints of the moon in different phases; the Carillon from Bizet's L'Arlesienne suite.


I was looking at my translation of the first two chapters of the Chinese novel Wandering Youth last night, and I want to print it out.  But the printer connected to the computer in my room has no ribbon.  I could try copying it onto a disk and printing it on Moira's computer, but we need more disks. [I recently resumed the translation, which was only of the first section.]


Dinner was the rest of the chicken.


Saw the DVD of D.W. Griffiths' America, a silent epic about the Revolutionary War.  It's long, old-fashioned, often corny and disturbingly racist. (The menacing Negroes of Birth of a Nation are replaced by marauding Indians.) I want to learn more about the psychopathic renegade Loyalist Captain Walter Butler.


I did learn some more about Butler online, and it doesn't sound like he was a psychopathic renegade after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment