Wednesday, February 15, 2023

February 10, 2008

"Bind yourself to nothing seek harmony with all.  Then will you be truly free"--Kung Fu


"Well, in that case there's only one thing to do."

"What's that?"

"Panic!"

--Get Smart


Dreamed of meeting an intelligent race from another planet; deciding this was a movie and not real; seeing an American and a Russian nuclear missile leave their bases in Quebec City and Vladivostok, charted on a world map; the US missile going off near Madagascar; reflecting that everything catches up with you in the end.


Went to the Classical Music Meetup.  We participated in a choral run-through of Mozart's "Vesperae Sollenes" put on by the Canadian Association of Musicians at the Anglican church near Yonge & St. Clair. (I'd done "Ave Verum Corpus" and "Laudate Dominum" with my Italian choir.) We could have used some "ringers" for the rest to follow.  I met Jane from the Lunch Club Meetup.


Dinner was a ham.


Saw the Kung Fu episode "The Elixir," which I remembered:  it's the one where he meets a hoochie-koochie girl and a hunchback mountebank being stalked by her outlaw ex.


I've finally figured out how to make thumbnail links on my blog!  I've updated the post with scans of the comic strip Jack and Judy in Bible Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment