Wednesday, February 1, 2023

January 26, 2008

"When will you be on shore again?"

"That depends on Hitler."

--In Which We Serve

"What's 'betrothed,' Daddy?"

"It's the beginning of the end, my boy!"

--ibid.


Saw the Engelbert Humperdinck opera Hansel & Gretel at the Sheppard Grande.  It was pretty imaginative, especially the dream scene. (But I could have lived without the mother overdosing.) One of my favourite operas.


Afterward I went to the Spadina library and borrowed the global warming book Hot Air.  I also went to a nearby health food store called Noah's, where I finally found rye flour!  So when I got home I baked rye bread.


Dinner was Chinese food. (My fortune said "Your air of confidence naturally draws others to you"?)


Saw the DVD of Noel Coward's World War II naval drama In Which We Serve. (It was in the queue since we joined zip.ca, for almost four years!) Rather middlebrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment