Monday, February 13, 2023

February 7, 2008

Michael Redgrave (entering Margaret Lockwood's room and finding her in bed): "Now on which side should I sleep?"

"Do you want me to throw you out?"

"Ah, in that case I'll sleep in the middle!"

--The Lady Vanishes


"If you must know, something was dropped on my head!"

"When?  Infancy?"

--ibid.


"Aren't you rather fond of him?"

"I'm rather fond of rabbits, but they need to be kept down."

--ibid.


Dreamed of misplacing my boots on a train; someone at the end of the train putting on a green hairpiece from the tracks(?) and turning into Batman's enemy the Joker; Burgmuller's study piece "Babillarde" (which I played years ago).


Saw the DVD of Hitchcock's The Lady Vanishes (for the third time). It's a really funny thriller about Englishness in a foreign country.  The supporting pair Charters and Caldicott are especially amusing. [They reappeared in several other movies.] Some great dialogue by Sidney Gilliatt and Frank Launder.


Dinner was pork chops.


Went to the Architecture for Humanity Meetup.  There are a lot of people coming now. (My attention wandered and I ended up thinking about three-dimensional geometry.)


Saw the Kung Fu episode "The Salamander," which I remember for the China scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment