Wednesday, February 8, 2023

February 2, 2008

"I love this problem.  I don't want you to take it personally, but it's you"--The Bob Newhart Show


 Got up early for a change.


Hand my first Lunch Club Meetup as organizer, at Le Papillon.  Only three others came, but they seemed to be having a good time.  I had French toast.


Afterward I went to Value Village in Riverdale because I'd heard they had some good board games really cheap.  Nothing interested me, except for several cheap books that I bought to add to our used books stock on ABE Books.


Dinner was spaghetti.


Went to the Karaoke Meetup.  Doug was there, whom I remembered from my Fossil & Haggis karaoke days. One time I was singing Duran Duran's "Hungry Like the Wolf" and afterward he showed me a picture he'd drawn of a wolf!  So I sang "Hungry Like the Wolf" again, and dedicated it to him. (I also sang Van Halen's "Panama.")


The New York Times Sunday crossword was a rebus puzzle, just a couple of weeks after the last one of that type!

No comments:

Post a Comment