Sunday, November 7, 2021

October 31, 2006

A single line from the song "Thanks, but No Thanks": "But I've got a guy who's Clifton Webb and Marlon Brando combined"--It's Always Fair Weather


Saw the DVD of the Gene Kelly musical It's Always Fair Weather, from the same team that made the better-known Singin' in the Rain. It's about three GIs who return to civilian life and promise to meet again 10 years later to the day.  Some great dance numbers, of course.  Cyd Charisse was hot!


Dinner was Chinese food. (My fortune said, "You are welcome at any gathering." Do I want to be welcome at a gathering of Republicans?)


At the opera rehearsal we did Rigoletto for the first time.  The first-act stuff is hard because it's so fast-paced. [The chorus keeps coming in at the middle of a line!]


Moira's offered to show me how to market myself as an editor/translator.  I'm open to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment