Friday, November 5, 2021

October 28, 2006

"The great thing about spending two weeks in the jungle is the shower and the burger you have when you finally get back to civilization"--Symptoms of Withdrawal


"Are they dead?"

"Not dead.  But they might as well be."

--Cosi Fan Tutte


Dreamed of a non-existent Warner Brothers cartoon about Madison Avenue people coming up with advertising slogans; trying to figure out the distribution of English and Scottish seats in the European Parliament.


Went to the Canadian Opera Company's production of Mozart's Cosi Fan Tutte, the first time I've seen a show at the Four Seasons Centre.  My favourite number in it is the trio "Soave Sia il Vento" (may the wind be soft), especially the bridge part.


Afterward, I ate chicken nuggest at McDonald's.


Then I went to a Halloween party at Mary's apartment at the bottom of Church Street.  I wore my beatnik costume again, and had to wear it at the opera too. (I don't think I was conspicuous.) One girl was the picture of 1960 elegance with headscarf, shades, white gloves and a fancy dress with a pearl necklace.  My beard came off after a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment