Monday, November 22, 2021

November 15, 2006

Dreamed of walking along a road near the New Brunswick end of the PEI ferry and stepping through fresh raspberries(?); imagining an English translation of the Tosti song "Ideale" [which I'd recently been learning]; being in our old Sackville house and saying to Mother "Is it real this time?" (As opposed to the dream it always is.)


Went shopping.


Got a nice cauliflower from the garden. (We have something to show for this year after all.)


Dinner was roast lamb.


Moira and I went to hear Christopher Hitchens speak at the University of Toronto's Hart House.  First we had to sit through a boring debate about whether laws against "hate speech" were a good thing. (Hitchens disapproves of them, and so do I.) During the debate I had to leave for a while because of diarrhea, and I watched the rest of it from behind the entrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment