Monday, November 22, 2021

November 16, 2006

Annette Bening (to her poetry club): "Get your rage on the page, women!"--Running With Scissors


Dreamed of being about to take a flight but noticing that I had the wrong jacket and that Jeremy Irons had mine; knowing that the jacket I had belonged to a consul and planning to arrange a trade; going to meet him on a bus that would take me to a Cape Breton karaoke place; a cheesy Disney kiddie musical called "Much Ado About Nothing" set in the Wild West, in a valley surrounded by forested hills, with a cast that included Dynasty's Joan Collins and Linda Evans; seeing a sign in Chinese and not knowing what the characters meant, then seeing a translation that indicated it was a message from the Roman Catholic Church condemning abortion.


The parents and I saw Running With Scissors at the Varsity.  Pretty good ironic absurdism.


Afterward we ate at Pizza Hut.


Tried to attend the Games Meetup, but they no longer posted the address for the place, and I'd forgotten it was on Jane Street. (I spent half an hour wandering along Keele Street.)

No comments:

Post a Comment