Friday, November 12, 2021

November 5, 2006

Dreamed of a set of jam jars shaped like triangular prisms, each label having a critical comment on Asterix comic books; deciding that I wouldn't like to hunt because I wouldn't want people coming into my home and shooting me; writing these dreams on any paper I could find; the Ring Lardner exchange

"'Are we lost, Daddy?'

'Shut up!' he explained."


Saw Roberto Rossellini's Francis, God's Jester at the Cinematheque.  It's the story of the origins of St. Francis of Assisi's ministry, told episodically in "neo-realist" style.  Wonderful.


Sold my Jane Arden comic strip package on Ebay to Maryann in Alberta for $45. (She paid in US dollars and says it's still a good deal!)


John and Kathrine came over for a vegan dinner.  Afterward I sneaked out to KFC. (It isn't that I can't eat vegan food; I just don't find it filling.)


Suggested to the family that since my first book club meeting will only have a few people, we might as well meet in the living room here. [They didn't agree.]

No comments:

Post a Comment