Thursday, April 1, 2021

March 27, 2006

Marj was back at work.  I replaced the latest revised page in the arbitration manual and set up several new employee files.  Didn't do much in the index.  The second shipment of boxed files is gone.


We went to Zeller's and I got new shoes for the spring and a new, (I hope) more reliable watch.  I also found a summer hat.


Dinner was roast chicken.


Got another package of Ebay comics from Barry King.


At choir practice we went through Faure's Requiem as well as The Seven Last Words of Christ.  I heard the short list for next year's operas:  Verdi's Rigoletto and La Traviata, Rossini's The Italian Girl in Algiers and Donizetti's Don Pasquale. (But last year's operas hadn't been on the short list...)


Finished Elspeth Huxley's The Flame Trees of Thika.  Very enjoyable.  Then I started reading aviatrix Beryl Markham's memoir West With the Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment