Thursday, April 1, 2021

March 26, 2006

"Like most cynics, he was very kind..."--Elspeth Huxley, The Flame Trees of Thika


In the morning I went bowling at a Linkup event at the Bowlerama near Finch station.  Kumar was by far the highest scorer.  I was uneven. (I might have got a higher score if I'd chosen a lighter ball, but I wanted to exercise my arm.)


Late in the afternoon I joined the North York Movies Meetup to see the documentary Why We Fight (for the second time) at the Royal.  We were going to see Cache there, but it was held over at the Carlton and they had to change the schedule.


Afterward we went to La Porta Aperta [The Open Door], where I had a veal sandwich, which was pretty good.  George told me about how the Conservative Party had screwed David Orchard.

No comments:

Post a Comment