Monday, June 24, 2019

May 5, 2004

Dreamed of meeting actress Ali McGraw; seeing a DVD of a Dungeons & Dragons adventure released back in 1999, before the Lord of the Rings movies; walking outdoors in the winter snow in my pajamas; visiting a library in the evening; getting cast in a play as a young woman in the 1930s.

Read the Cartoon History of the Universe chapter on Europe in the Dark Ages.

Dinner was salmon.

Went to a Goodenough Association reception at the British Consulate-General in Forest Hill.  I only stayed for about half an hour because I wasn't sure how much time I had to spare. [The Goodenough Association is a group for people who've stayed at Goodenough College, as I did in 1995.]

Then I went to see the last of the Victor Sjostrom movies at the Cinematheque:  The Crucible of Love, a medieval melodrama about an unhappy wife accused of witchcraft after her husband drops dead.  Great fiery climax.

No comments:

Post a Comment