Thursday, June 27, 2019

May 12, 2004

Dreamed of the humiliation I felt when I was twelve and took a swimming course, only to fail. [If I'd been smarter, I would have just quit--but I didn't want to be a quitter.]

Went shopping.

Finally got the compost on the garden.  I put it on between layers of peat moss to lessen the smell.

The hot weather has arrived!  I sweated so much while working in the garden that my shirt got soaked. (I turned on our refrigerator's ice machine.)

Dinner was pork roast.

The chorus performed at a Woodbridge church in Vaughan, during a mass in Italian.  We sang "Inno a San Pancrazio," Lorenzo Perosi's "Kyrie," "Gloria," Bonfitto's "Alleluia," Gounod's "Sanctus Dominus," "Ave Verum Corpus," Bonfitto's "Agnello di Dio," and Cesar Franck's "Panis Angelicus." Father drove me up and had to cool his heels for two hours until we were finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment