Thursday, June 6, 2019

April 17, 2004

Dreamed of North Korea; a computer game where you ascend to the top of a spire, go down a chimney until you've braked your descent, then rise again but not so quickly that you'll keep going beyond the roof.

Saw Peter Weir's Master and Commander at the Bloor with Moira.  It's a terrific movie, exciting and intelligent and believable.  Lots of "How did they film that?" shots.

Dinner was Burger King.

I also saw Olivier Assaya's Demonlover at the Cinematheque.  Couldn't sit through it. (Vaguely sleazy.)

Just after I left the Cinematheque, I almost got mugged by three guys, but someone confronted them and they messed him up instead.  I ran to the nearby police station and they got arrested.  After waiting a couple of hours, I made a statement and identified one of them. (The victim didn't stick around for this.) Seems they'd just mugged someone else in a park.  I may be testifying months from now. [I didn't.]

No comments:

Post a Comment