Sunday, June 30, 2019

May 15, 2004

Dreamed of hearing a report of the death of Raquel Welch; being in a jet landing at an airport on the north coast of Kent; meeting a Japanese pilot who turned out to be a war criminal (the evidence being a dead cat he was carrying); dressing in a locker room close to closing time, and being unable to finish; stuffing a cantaloupe and a zucchini into my backpack.

Joined the Japanese-Canadian Student Association Group and conversed in both languages.  My spoken Japanese is very limited.  I was talking to a Japanese girl called Minako.

Dinner was McDonald's.

Went to the Toronto Centre for the Performing Arts and saw the Royal Opera of Canada production of Verdi's Aida.  That's a great opera, one of the best.  They brought on some animals (including an elephant!), which was rather silly.  I think my favourite part of most operas is the choruses.

No comments:

Post a Comment