Monday, April 1, 2019

March 8, 2004

Dreamed of singing "Comedy Tonight" from A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum; riding in the top half of a London bus to the seacoast; levitating from downtown to home in Sackville, N.B., and rising through the clouds; hanging out with a young Mickey Rooney, and trying to sing the Chinese song "The East Is Red" with him; feeling sickened by how badly things went for me in Grade 7.

My coat went out to the dry cleaner, so I had to wear my spring jacket in today's cold weather.

Went to the Cinematheque office and bought another load of tickets.  Then I went to Tilley Endurables at Queen's Quay and bought a new hat. (My old one was almost seven years old.) Then I took the wrong streetcar and was quite a while getting home.

Dinner was steak. (I got home just in time.)

Went to see Anthony Minghella's Cold Mountain at the Kingsway. (I wore my new hat, which is largely like my old one, but the colour of white chocolate.) It was a lame, arty adaptation, competently made but all wrong.  It's frustrating to watch this much talent expended on a miss.  I loved the novel, but maybe it wasn't filmable. [Renee Zellweger could have played either role, but I saw Nicole Kidman more as Ruby than Ada.]

No comments:

Post a Comment