Sunday, April 21, 2019

March 18, 2004

Dreamed of the Strauss waltz "Roses From the South"; trying to play a certain cut on a record but failing to find it; an arthouse showing a Warner Brothers movie from the 1930s with Humphrey Bogart.

Went to the Royal Academy of the Arts. (I'm putting a lot of stuff on my credit card.) One exhibit was about the post-impressionist and early modernist Edouard Vuillard, whose large-scale paintings are especially impressive.  There was a big crowd for that.  I also went to an exhibit of the Canadian-born abstract expressionist Philip Guston.

Had an easy afternoon.  I just did my laundry .  I bought mineral water from a vending machine so I'd have enough change for the dryer.

Took a photo of the Canadian war memorial in Green Park; one of Buckingham Palace; two of guards in marching bands; one of the South Bank seen from the Embankment.

Dinner was chicken stirfry.

Saw The Reduced Shakespeare Company's The Bible:  The Complete Word of God (Abridged) at the Criterion.  Lotsa laughs. ("The greatest story accepted as fact.")

No comments:

Post a Comment