Sunday, April 7, 2019

March 12, 2004

We landed about 11:00.  I didn't have to wait long before going through Immigration because the rugby team went to a place for groups.  There are lots of people-movers at Heathrow, but I stayed off them for the sake of fitness!

Got into my Goodenough Club room at 13:15.  Phoned home. (My phone card number doesn't seem to work; I made a collect call instead.)

Slept for the rest of the afternoon.  I turned on the TV just after 19:00.  The last time I visited London the news was all about 9.11.01.  This time it's about the Madrid bombing.  My visits seem to cause someone bad luck.

Went online with one of the basement computers.  The Goodenough hallways are labyrinthine and easy to get lost in.  Which is part of the fun!

Watched a talk show hosted by Jonathan Ross, Britain's wannabe David Letterman.  His first guest was Johnny Rotten, my hero when I was a teenager.  I don't like Ross--he's what the English call "a big wally"!

Still awake at 01:00.  I turned on the TV again and saw the real Letterman.

No comments:

Post a Comment