Wednesday, April 10, 2019

March 13, 2004

"War is hell but peace is fucking boring"
--graffiti-style adline for Buffalo Soldiers

Dreame of our family lending decorations for an outdoor Christmas pageant with Santa Claus; being part of a group filming a TV documentary involving a famous story of a broken-down husband being cuckolded, where the host explained at the end that the husband's version was dishonest.

Took pictures of Mecklenburgh Square, Russell Square and Trafalgar Square.  I think I'll concentrate on outdoor scenes.

Signed a couple of anti-Mugabe petitions for some people who'd set up shop on the Strand.

Spent almost three hours at the National Gallery.  And I still left the 18th and 19th century sections--my favorite part--for later, since the museum's like those 17th-century Dutch paintings of town scenes.  It's better than hurrying through in one trip.

Got some apples, oranges and carrots at Safeway for breakfasting. (My fondest memories of my extended London stay in 1995 include shopping there.)

Dinner was Thai duck curry.  Goodenough College has a good caterer in Baxter & Platts.

No comments:

Post a Comment